The light winter we had this year is nearly over, and if you’re anything like our team, you’re anxious to jump on that jet and set off to somewhere warm. Miami? Caribbean Islands? Hello!
Many of our friends and colleagues tell us that they love to travel, for business and personal purposes, but are quick to state that they worry about packing. Because these folks hate the packing experience so much, they put it off until the last minute, completing last-minute laundry sessions at midnight before their early flight.
Other common packing challenges include:
- Packed too much
- Packed too little
- Favorite items get lost or damaged
- “New” shoes end up being painful
- The weather at the destination changes and you didn’t prepare for it.
If this sounds familiar.. you are not alone! Packing for travel could easily be the No.1 wardrobe headache shared by people everywhere. But to overcome this challenge, you have to think before you pack. For ladies, poor packing decisions can be replaced with smart choices. Here are some essentials for any traveler’s wardrobe.
- Bring a dress. You can dress it up or dress it down.
- Bring a rain resistant trench coat (that matches your color palette) for unexpected cold or rainy weather. It can easily work with any outfit
- Bring a pair of no-iron pants that matches your color palette. Try it first to ensure it works with any of your outfits
- Bring a cardigan in your color palette. Cardigans are a perfect layering piece. It can layer nicely under your jacket or over a dress and add volume, color, and sophistication to any look
- Bring a pair of walking shoes, a pair of comfortable but dressy shoes for the business meeting or evening, and one extra pair as an alternate. Nothing makes a trip more miserable than sore feet
- Accessories –
- 1. A long chain necklace is your best metal – you can wear it with nearly anything!
- 2. A scarf that doesn’t require ironing is often one you can use for day or night
- 3. A cross-body bag in your color palette is perfect for security, comfort, and style
- Do not bring delicate fabrics. Avoid bringing anything that can get torn or wrinkled easily
- Do not bring white colors. Unless you have laundry service at your fingertips, white is not a good travel choice. The better option is to bring print t-shirts, tops or blouses which can easily camouflage small spills or dirt and won’t need immediate cleaning
- Do not pack shoes you’ve never worn before
- Do not bring anything that fits too snugly
The more you think ahead when packing, the easier it will become. Try our tips out when packing for the next two trips you take. Trust us – it will get easier, faster, and less painful. Soon, you’ll be just as excited to pack as you are to get up in the air!
For more image tips or info at www.nycimageconsultantacademy.com